GORRT HEAD OFFICE
Level 2 ‘Old Police Station’
PO Box 1467
(03) 5561 7894
ABN: 77 166 120 565
STRATEGIC MASTER PLAN FOR THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD REGION VISITOR ECONOMY 2015-2025
The Strategic Master Plan for the Great Ocean Road Region Visitor Economy 2015-2025 has now been launched. We invite you to read the summary and full version of the document which will be used to guide the region over the next 10 years.
GROWING ADVENTURE TOURISM IN BARWON SOUTH WEST REGION
The Barwon South West (BSW) Region has an immense opportunity to capitalise on its capacity to attract a greater share of the growing soft adventure market and generate significant economic and employment benefits for the region and state.
The region has six international and nationally significant trails and mountain bike hubs as well as an impressive calendar of national and international events. Despite these strengths, a number of issues are preventing the region from developing its trail and cycle tourism offering and generating greater economic and employment benefits. Targeted trail investment and strengthening the strategic marketing effort is critical to the growth of the region as a trail and cycle tourism destination.
Our vision is to be recognised as Victoria’s premier trail destination with a range of trails and cycling touring routes that offer exceptional natural adventure experiences
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLAN 2013 -2016
Our Strategic Business Plan 2013-16 identifies four pillars to guide operations and facilitate achievement of the organisation’s vision.
- TOURISM DEVELOPMENT
- TOURISM MARKETING
- TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- TOURISM ADVOCACY
SUCCESS FACTORS FOR GREAT OCEAN ROAD REGIONAL TOURISM
- Strong local organisation support
- Strong regional organisation support
- Local government support
- Strong & consistent leadership
- Strategic planning for the region supported by local destination plans
1. TOURISM DEVELOPMENT
GOAL: To prepare a strategic Tourism Master Plan (Regional Strategy) and Destination Action Plans for the region including identification of development, marketing and management priorities consistent with market demand and industry and community expectations.
Development of a Tourism Master Plan & Destination Action Plans for the region.
Prepare 9 x Destination Plans in year 1 – Destinations in year 1 to include Torquay, Aireys Inlet/Anglesea, Lorne, Apollo Bay, Port Campbell (Timboon, Camperdown), Warrnambool, Port Fairy, Colac (Otways) and Glenelg. (Each destination includes the relevant districts).
Feed key priorities from Destination Plans into the Tourism Master Plan.
- Facilitate industry communication and engagement
- Identify opportunities to facilitate industry development requirements
- Develop a suite of business services and marketing opportunities to encourage regional businesses to partner with GORRT Ltd in the development and management of tourism in the region
- Work with the local tourism and business bodies to develop and implement Destination Partner Agreements for agreed projects and activities
- Facilitate infrastructure and product development priorities from the Master Plan and Destination Plans
2. TOURISM MARKETING
GOAL: To increase visitor yield and dispersal.
Prepare a 3 x Year Marketing Strategy including an implementation plan for 2014-15 to facilitate a cohesive approach to the marketing of the region in core markets
- Implement an integrated digital strategy
- Develop an events strategy with a focus on business, cultural, sport and soft adventure
- Work with Tourism Victoria through the Regional Tourism Partnership Program to maximise opportunities for the region in both the domestic and international markets
3. TOURISM MANAGEMENT
GOAL: To maximise visitor satisfaction and industry/stakeholder engagement.
Develop and implement a visitor experience excellence program
- Implement actions from the visitor integrity and satisfaction study
- Produce and distribute visitor collateral
- Prepare and implement a Stakeholder Engagement and Communication Program
- Facilitate industry development to assist business growth and sustainability and improve visitor satisfaction
4. TOURISM ADVOCACY
GOAL: To represent the tourism industry within the Great Ocean Road Region and advocate for its positive development
PRIORITY PROJECT:Undertake an issues analysis as part of the Regional Tourism Master Plan process
- Determine policy positions and an advocacy strategy for State, National and regional issues
- Engage the community to increase awareness and support for the value of visitors to the economy, community, culture and environment of the region
We can help you develop
Become a Business Partner
Join us to build a strong and flourishing region by becoming a business partner. A range of opportunities have been developed to suit the needs of businesses across the region.
Our mission is to provide leadership for the development, marketing, management, advocacy and facilitation of sustainable yield growth of the regional visitor economy.
Connect with Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism to receive the monthly enewsletter and regular communications specifically for tourism businesses in the Great Ocean Road Region.