Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism is your Regional Tourism Board stretching from Torquay to the South Australian border. Working with the local municipalities, local tourism associations, Tourism Victoria as well as our local tourism and tourism related operators. Our aim is to work collaboratively in order to make the Great Ocean Road Region the destination of choice and help our region prosper. As a recently established organisation, initial strategic focus between 2014-17 will include:
- Increase length of stay and yield
- Increase geographical dispersal
- Increase visitor satisfaction
Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism Ltd’s (GORRT) Strategic Business Plan 2013-16 identifies four pillars to guide operations and facilitate achievement of the organisation’s vision.
1. Tourism Development
2. Tourism Marketing
3. Tourism Management
The Strategic Master Plan for the Great Ocean Road Region Visitor Economy 2015-2025 will guide the region over the next 10 years.
The Strategic Master Plan for the Great Ocean Road Region Visitor Economy 2015-2025 has now been launched. We invite you to read the summary and full version of the document which will be used to guide the region over the next 10 years.
Free visitor bushfire safety resources available for your business
This summer, DEDJTR Tourism branch and the Country Fire Authority (CFA) are continuing to offer tourism businesses free resources that can be used to inform visitors about bushfire safety.
What Visitor centres will be open Code Red days?
Victorian Visitor Centre Closures on Extreme or Code Red Fire Danger Rating days:
- 12 Apostles Visitor Information Centre – Port Campbell – (Code Red FDR)
- Colac Visitor Information Centre
- Castlemaine Visitor Information Centre – (Code Red FDR)
- Daylesford Regional Visitor Information Centre – (Code Red FDR)
- Heathcote Visitor Information Centre – (Code Red FDR)
- Maldon Visitor Information Centre – (Code Red)
- Marysville Visitor Information Centre – (Code Red FDR)
- Woodend Visitor Information Centre – (Code Red FDR)
- Dunkeld & Grampians Visitor Information Centre – (Extreme FDR)
- Check www.parks.vic.gov.au and www.vicroads.vic.gov.au for any closures. Advise visitors to check emergency.vic.gov.au for any fire warnings/restrictions before travelling through the region and to download the free Fire Ready app.
Plan Ahead – Stay Cool- Hot Cars Kill – Drink Water – Stay with others
We can help you develop
Become a Business Partner
Join us to build a strong and flourishing region by becoming a business partner. A range of opportunities have been developed to suit the needs of businesses across the region.
Our mission is to provide leadership for the development, marketing, management, advocacy and facilitation of sustainable yield growth of the regional visitor economy.
Connect with Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism to receive the monthly enewsletter and regular communications specifically for tourism businesses in the Great Ocean Road Region.